Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Day one saw the champion Ronnie O'Sullivan defending his title against the in form Stephen McGuire. Things began well for Ronnie leading 5-3 after the first session, but what was the final score in this match?
2. In one of the shocks of the first round, who defeated Yorkshireman Paul Hunter 10-8?
3. Crowd favourite Jimmy White won safely through to the second round with a convincing victory over whom?
4. Who made a 147 break in their first round match?
5. Fans of Ronnie O'Sullivan were faced with quite a shock when he and opponent Ali Carter emerged for the second session of their second round match as Ronnie had shaved all his hair off. Which player did Ronnie cruelly say had inspired the chop?
6. How many frames are second and quarterfinal matches best of at the crucible?
7. How many English Players were in the quarterfinal lineup?
8. Which player claimed they didn't deserve to advance through to the semi-finals, claiming that they had played poorly in the first round, poorly in the second round, and except for four frames poorly in the quarterfinals in an x-rated aftermatch interview?
9. Name the semi-final line-up boasted two qualifiers.
10. The final was between Shaun Murphy and Matthew Stevens and will be remembered for the sheer quality it brought out of both players. What was the final score?
Source: Author Brounos
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor Nightmare
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.