Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Which golfer carded a seven at the 18th at Carnoustie during his final round of the 'Open Championship' in 1999, which prevented him from winning the Claret Jug?
2. Greg Norman led by six shots going into the final round of the 1996 'Masters' at Augusta, but crumbled when his playing partner came storming back to steal the green jacket from under his nose. Who played the only under par round of the day to win it?
3. Which American golfer chipped home from 18 feet in long grass, on the 17th hole during the final round of the 1982 'U.S. Open' at Pebble Beach?
4. Which amazing gesture by Jack Nicklaus astonished everyone in the sport, when he reached the final green in a match up with British golfer Tony Jacklin in 1969?
5. Which ground breaking event took place at the 'Colonial Classic' in 2003?
6. Who was told 24 hours before the 1991 'USPGA' that he had gained a place in the following days event as a ninth reserve and went on to win his first major?
7. Which European sank the victory putt at the Belfry in 2002, to help win the Ryder Cup for Europe on a sensational last days singles?
8. Which golfer won his first major, by a mammoth 12 shot advantage in his first year as a professional?
9. The 1991 Ryder Cup at Kiawah Island, was dubbed as the worst game in Ryder Cup history. The final match decided the outcome of the game, which was an ill-tempered affair. But which two players fought it out to see their respective team win?
10. Which two stars of the game took part in the 'Duel in the Sun'?
Source: Author doomed
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor Nightmare
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.