Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. "We're going to win," Jets' quarterback Joe Namath said about the game. "I guarantee it." When did he say those famous words?
2. While dining out during Super Bowl week, some Jets were confronted by two Colts players, one of whom challenged Namath to a fight. How did Namath break the tension?
3. In the week before the game, Namath created a stir by claiming that several AFL quarterbacks were better than Earl Morrall, the Colts' quarterback who was NFL MVP that season. Which quarterback below was not on his list?
4. Which team crossed midfield first in the game, and what was the result of their drive?
5. What was the first big break of the game?
6. Earl Morrall threw three interceptions. Which statement below does not describe one of them?
7. The Colts received the second half kickoff and started on their own 25. How did the drive end?
8. Frustrated with Earl Morrall's performance, Colts coach Don Shula brought Johnny Unitas into the game in the second half. Once Unitas entered the game, how did the Colts fare against the Jets in each of these statistics: points scored, passing yards, rushing yards, first downs, time of possession?
9. Whose 160 yards from scrimmage topped all players?
10. The day after the game, Baltimore safety Rick Volk received a bouquet of flowers from Joe Namath. Why?
Source: Author d2407
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor gtho4
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.