Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Where were all 10 of the Playoff Bowl games played?
2. The Playoff Bowl was officially named in honor of which NFL pioneer?
3. The first Playoff Bowl game took place on Saturday, January 7, 1961 (for the 1960 season). In a game between the Detroit Lions and the Cleveland Browns, the Browns won the game.
4. In the 1965 Playoff Bowl, the St. Louis Cardinals defeated the Green Bay Packers 24-17. Who caught two touchdown passes in the game for the Cardinals?
5. The Detroit Lions won the 1963 Playoff Bowl by defeating the Pittsburgh Steelers 17-10. What special event took place for the first time in this game?
6. The Green Bay Packers won the 1964 Playoff Bowl with a 40-23 win over the Cleveland Browns. The highlight of the game was a 99-yard TD pass from Packer Bart Starr to who?
7. The 1962 Playoff Bowl took place between the Detroit Lions and the Philadelphia Eagles, with the Lions winning the game.
8. In the 1966 Playoff Bowl, the Baltimore Colts crushed the Dallas Cowboys 35-3. Who threw two touchdown passes in game for the Colts?
9. In the 1967 Playoff Bowl, the Baltimore Colts won their second straight game with a 20-14 victory over who?
10. In the 1968 Playoff Bowl, the Los Angeles Rams defeated the Cleveland Browns 30-6. How many touchdown passes did Roman Gabriel have in the game?
11. The 1969 Playoff Bowl saw the Dallas Cowboys defeat the Minnesota Vikings 17-13. Whose punt return for a score was the only touchdown in the game by the Vikings?
12. The 1970 and last Playoff Bowl was played on January 3, 1970. The Los Angeles Rams defeated the Dallas Cowboys by what score?
13. Which Playoff Bowl game saw the highest single attendance figure for the series?
14. Of all the teams that played in the Playoff Bowl, who had the best regular season record?
15. Of all the teams that played in the Playoff Bowl, who had the worst regular season record?
Source: Author AdmiralShark
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor Nightmare
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.