Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Which of these fighters did not lose his Heavyweight Championship to Muhammad Ali?
2. Which of these fighters did the ledgendary "Brown Bomber" Joe Louis not sucessfully defend his title against?
3. How many successful title defenses did the ornery Sonny Liston make?
4. After defeating Liston on 25 Feburary 1964, who did the fast-talking Cassius Clay, soon to be Muhammad Ali, make his first title defense against?
5. James J. Braddock known as "The Cinderella Man", scored one of boxing's greatest upsets when he defeated California playboy then heavyweight champion Max Bear by decision in June 1935. In his first title defense two years later, he was KO'd by the sensational Joe Louis. How many fights did Braddock have after the Louis massacre?
6. In his first title reign, George Foreman won and lost his heavyweight championship outside the United States. Did Jack Johnson have a simular fate?
7. William Harrison Dempsey, a.k.a. Jack Dempsey, or "The Manassa Mauler", won the world heavyweight championship from Jess Willard on 4 July 1919. Who was his first title defense against.
8. Who was the referee for the second Clay-Liston bout?
9. Who was former heavyweight champion Ingemar Johansson's final opponent?
10. How many rounds was the fight between "The Pottawatomie Giant", heavyweight champion Jess Willard and challenger Jack Dempsey scheduled for?
Source: Author kwoods45
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor Nightmare
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.