Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Which American League team in 1996 set a Major League record by seeing their batters hit by a pitch 92 times in the season?
2. Which Hall of Fame player was known as "Mr. October"?
3. You might have to be a doctor to recognize Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS), but a baseball fan might also when it concerns which New York Yankee who died of this disease in 1941, which was later named after him?
4. Which National League team in 2007 became the first franchise in baseball history to lose its 10,000th game?
5. Babe Ruth set a Major League record by having 71 multiple home run games (more than one home run in a game). How many of these multiple home run games did he hit with the Detroit Tigers?
6. Jackie Robinson is most noted for being the first African-American to play in modern-day Major League Baseball. Which team signed him to play in 1947?
7. Which American League team went crazy in a 1966 game, hitting an amazing five home runs in just one inning?
8. Some dummies like me might know that pitcher Bert Blyleven set a season record by allowing 50 home runs in a season in 1986 with the Twins. Some might also know that pitcher Jamie Moyer allowed his 511th career home run in 2010. Which American League pitcher set a league record by giving up 422 home runs in his career?
9. This Chicago Cub slugger hit 50+ home runs in four consecutive seasons, the first in history to do this. In 1998, when Mark McGwire hit a record 70 home runs for the Cardinals, this Cub slugger's 66 was enough to win the MVP Award. Who is this outfielder that wore the number 21?
10. Which 2010 team won their first World Series since moving to the state of California?
Source: Author Nightmare
This quiz was reviewed by our editing team before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.