Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. For 60 years, the Washington franchise was called what?
2. What was Hack Wilson most famous for?
3. My team won the 1970 World Series. We had three 20 game winners on the pitching staff in the season. We struck out 23 batters in 5 games in the Series, and our bats combined for 10 home runs in those 5 games. We beat Cincinnati 4 games to 1. What team did I play for?
4. Who won the National League Rookie of the Year award in 1968?
5. Which of the following was killed in 1903, over Niagara Falls, during a baseball season?
6. In what year did the Designated Hitter rule take effect and stay with Major League baseball?
7. Barry Bonds began his Major League career with what team?
8. I made 9 moves during my 14 year career. I never led the league in anything. I only won 81 games in my career, including my season best of 11 with the Yankees. People only remember, because I threw the first World Series perfect game in 1956. Who am I?
9. Before becoming the Los Angeles Dodgers, what was the team called?
10. What team won the 2001 World Series?
Source: Author Nightmare
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor spanishliz
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.