Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. This Brooklyn and Los Angeles Dodger won the Cy Young Award in 1963, 1965 and 1966. He recorded 2,396 strikeouts in his abbreviated career. Who was this pitcher?
2. This pitcher led the American League in strikeouts in 1960 as a Detroit Tiger. He led the National League in strikeouts in 1967 as a member of the Philadelphia Phillies. Who was the pitcher?
3. This was the major league pitcher with the most wins (191) in the 1960s. He led the National League in wins in both 1963 and 1968. Most of his career was with the San Francisco Giants. He had 2,303 career strikeouts. Who was this strikeout artist?
4. 2,159 of his 2,453 career strikeouts were recorded as a Cleveland Indian. What pitcher led the American League in strikeouts in 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969 and 1970?
5. Who was the St. Louis Cardinal pitcher who, in 1968, won 22 games, posted a 1.12 ERA and struck out 268 batters?
6. This Pittsburgh Pirate led the National League with 250 strikeouts in 1964. Who was this six foot, six inch southpaw?
7. This pitcher won 25 games and the Cy Young award in 1962, when he pitched 58 consecutive scoreless innings. Who was this pitcher for the Brooklyn and then LA Dodgers?
8. Mostly pitching for the Detroit Tigers, this left-hander had 2,832 strikeouts from 1963 through 1979. His career record was 217 wins and 191 loses. Who was this pitcher?
9. This Cincinnati Reds pitcher averaged 7.92 strikeouts each nine innings in the 1960s. He had 1,605 career strikeouts. He won 134 games for the Reds. His name is ________ .
10. Pitching for the Cleveland Indians this pitcher recorded 1,041 strikeouts in the 1960s. He recorded 2,416 career strike outs. Who was this pitcher with a quirky delivery?
Source: Author john62450
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor gtho4
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.