Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. What was the first Major League Baseball team to be named after a state rather than a city (excluding New York)?
2. Which one of the following cities did not have an NFL and MLB franchise of the same name at the same time?
3. The Cleveland Browns were named after Paul Brown, their first coach?
4. Why was the Utah franchise in the NBA called the Jazz?
5. Prior to the rapid expansion of all major sports in the 1960s, the NHL had the fewest franchises. How many teams comprised the NHL in 1960?
6. What U.S. state had the most total franchises in the four major league sports in 2004?
7. Between 1960-2004, what was the newest expansion team to win the quickest championship?
8. Name one of two major sports franchise in 2004 that did not have a state, part of a state, or city in its name?
9. In 2004, which one of the following teams did not play their home games within the city limits of their franchise city?
10. What was the first professional baseball team based in a city west of the Mississippi River?
Source: Author jmoskow
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor Nightmare
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.