Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Arlington Cemetery lies in the former grounds of the estate of which famous general of the American Civil War?
2. In what year was Arlington Cemetery established?
3. The first soldier to be interred at Arlington was a general.
4. By the end of the American Civil War, how many graves were in Arlington Cemetery?
5. Arlington was dedicated originally as a war cemetery for the Union Army only.
6. In general, for the interment of which dead military personnel is Arlington Cemetery reserved?
7. On November 11th, 1921, which famous person was interred at Arlington?
8. Which regiment of the US Army performs the function of The Honor Guard at Arlington?
9. What does The Netherlands Carillon, dedicated to the cemetery in 1960, commemorate?
10. Which crucial battle in WW2 is immortalized in a famous bronze statue of US Marines raising the flag on The Marine Corps Memorial?
Source: Author Plumbus
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor Bruyere
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.