Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. It's time to begin your Czech adventure! If you arrive from a far-away place, what would you call the place that your plane lands?
2. Getting from the airport to the hotel, you need to take the metro, but you don't know where it is. How would you ask a local where the metro station is in Czech?
3. You get to the hotel, but the concierge cannot find your reservation. They rebook you and ask how many nights you would like to stay for. How would you say "three nights" in Czech?
4. You decide to go get some food, and eat at a local restaurant. During the meal, you hear the Czech people at the tables around you say "Zaplatíme!" to the waitress. What are they asking for?
5. You get up the next day and decide to visit the Prazský hrad, or Prague Castle. However, once you get there, you see a sign posted that it is closed every week on "pondelí." Today is pondelí. What is today?
6. One of the most famous tourist sites in Prague is the statue-laden Charles Bridge. It's name in Czech is the Karlův ____.
7. Before you left home, you looked on the Internet and found a performance of a Czech play you would like to attend today. You need to take a taxi to the playhouse. Once you flag down a taxi and tell him where it is, what would you say to ask how much money it would cost to get there?
8. You arrive at the playhouse, but can't seem to find the door. You ask a man on the street, and he tells you the door is around the corner. He tells you in Czech "zahnete doprava". Did he tell you to turn left or right?
9. It happens. A pickpocket tries to steal your billfold from your belongings, but you catch him. You yell "Help!", but realize no one speaks English. What should you have yelled in Czech?
10. It's been a long day, and you return to the hotel. But with all the day's drama, you have a headache. How would you explain this to your Czech companion?
Source: Author GWU_Boy
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor stedman
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.