Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. This plane was designated the HK-1. It was made of wood and flown only once by its owner: Howard Hughes.
2. Designated the X-1, this was the first plane to break the sound barrier.
3. Flown by H. Ross Perot Jr. and Jay Coburn this helicopter completed the first circumnavigation of the world by helicopter on September 30, 1982.
4. The most famous B-17 in World War II because she was the first heavy bomber in Hitler's European war theatre to complete 25 combat missions and keep her entire crew alive.
5. The B-29 bomber used in the atomic mission that destroyed Hiroshima, August 6th, 1945.
6. First plane to complete a round-the-world flight from April 6 to September 28, 1924, this plane was built by the Douglas Aircraft Company.
7. Charles Lindbergh made the first solo non-stop flight between New York City and Paris in this plane in 1927.
8. The first successful sustained flight of a heavier-than-air flying machine was made in which plane?
9. Flown by Lincoln Ellsworth, this plane completed the first trans-Antarctic flight in November 1935.
10. A US Air Force aircraft that transports the President of the United States is given what call sign?
Source: Author Roswell
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor gtho4
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.