Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Which of the following Mayan cities is said to have collapsed earlier than any of the others?
2. Which of the following is not generally considered a valid factor in the "collapse" of the Classic Mayan civilization?
3. What was the name of the priest responsible for burning a large portion of the Mayan written word as well as being responsible for documenting and preserving a great deal of their culture?
4. Sacbes, or elevated roads leading from one place to another, are found all over the Mayan landscape. The longest sacbe known today extends from Coba to which of the following centers?
5. Which of the following staple foods did the Maya not eat during Pre-Colombian times?
6. Which of the following European cities does not now nor ever did possess a Mayan manuscript known as a "codex"?
7. Which of the following Mayan Classic-Era centers had rulers by the names of 18 Rabbit, Butz Chan, Smoke Imix, Smoke Monkey, and Yax Pac?
8. Which man is considered to have made the most significant contribution to the decipherment of the Mayan script by determining that the script was logosyllabic?
9. The word "Xibalba" refers to what place in Mayan theology?
10. Of the following sites, which is not Mayan in origin?
Source: Author WilkeCollins
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor thejazzkickazz
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.