Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. The musical "The King and I" told the story of a governess at the court of King Mongkut, of which former country?
2. "The Immortals" were an elite group of soldiers in the army of the Achaemenid Empire, which is also known as the first what?
3. Which movie star, who was also a singer, appeared in "On The Town", "The Man with the Golden Arm", and "The Joker Is Wild"?
4. What was the name given to the vibrant, multi-cultural area around Cardiff Docks?
5. In the tragedy by Sophocles, "Oedipus Rex", the title character has solved a riddle by which creature?
6. What is the common title shared by singles from 1964, by the Four Seasons, and 1988, by Aerosmith?
7. André Charles Boulle was the pre-eminent French cabinetmaker of his day, creating works for Louis XIV, the Sun King. Boulle was highly skilled in marquetry and known for the use of what animal-related material?
8. What annual celebration takes place on the day before All Saints' Day?
9. John Rackham was a pirate known for having two women, Anne Bonny and Mary Read, in his crew. What was his nickname?
10. Which John Lennon song did Roxy Music record as a tribute to him?
Source: Author Upstart3
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor agony
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.