Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. From the city in the picture you need to drive south for around 280 miles to find a city in the next state down whose nickname is "Track Town, USA". Where do you end up?
2. Starting at the city in the picture, you drive east into another country. The road continues past that country's capital city, and northwards into a third country. The journey ends at that country's capital city, which is a bit less than 180 miles to the north east of where you started. Which ancient capital city do you arrive at?
3. From the city shown in the picture, if you travel along the Grand Trunk Road approximately northwest, crossing the border, and continuing along the road, you will come to the capital city of a neighbouring country. It's a journey of something like 220 miles. Which city do you arrive at?
4. Starting at the city shown in the picture, a journey of around 100 miles in a north-easterly direction will take you to which coal-exporting city, with the same name as one in the UK?
5. If you start at the capital city shown in the picture you could drive about 150 miles in a south-easterly direction to get to our destination, another capital. Alternatively, you could travel along a river. Which city is the destination?
6. Beginning your journey in the city shown in the picture, prepare for a long, long journey. A 3,500 miles drive, as far south as you can go, to one of the most southerly cities in the world, in a country that has a border with the country you started in. Which city?
7. From the city shown in the picture, it's a journey of about 600 miles, in a more or less south-easterly direction, to a capital city of neighbouring country. Which city do you arrive at?
8. Starting at the city shown in the picture, a journey of around 900 miles in a direction a little south of west, and travelling across a few borders, about 750 miles as the crow flies, brings you to which great Baltic port?
9. A journey of about 1500 miles, in a north-easterly direction, takes you right across the whole country of the coastal city shown in the picture, into the northern half of a neighbouring country, to a capital city. Which city do you arrive at?
10. Using the first letters of the nine answers, type the name of the capital city shown in the photograph.
Source: Author Upstart3
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor agony
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.