Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Hello, my name is Mr. Tavernier. With the benefit of hindsight, I'd say that stealing the eye of Sita and possessing it for several years was probably not worth being torn apart by dogs.
To what is Mr. Tavernier referring when he talks about the "eye of Sita"?
2. Hi, I'm Troy McHenry and I'd say that my biggest mistake was buying the engine of a "cursed" car named, "Little Bastard".
To which famous actor did the car, "Little Bastard", originally belong?
3. With hindsight, I probably should have found some other land to cultivate, rather than trying to remove the cursed Bjorktorpe rune stone from the ground. Now, I'm just a pile of ash.
In which part of the world did this tale originate?
4. Looking back, we, the community of Carlisle, Cumbria, should have protested more vigorously about the commissioning of a large stone artwork which was inscribed with a 16th century curse.
Which of these was not one of the unfortunate events which followed the installment of this stone in 2001?
5. Hi, I'm John Candy. If John Belushi, Sam Kinison and I believed in curses, we probably would not have shown any interest in the film script, "Atuk". In fact, this screenplay from the early 80s is so feared that, as of 2010, it had not been made into a film.
What best describes the title character, Atuk?
6. I was once the Earl of Shrewsbury and if I could change one thing, perhaps I would have been more generous during my life. Maybe then the fate of my family would not be determined by the condition of a certain oak tree.
Which of the ungenerous acts caused this curse to be placed on the family of the Earl of Shrewsbury?
7. Hello, I am the famous classical composer, Ludwig van Beethoven. Some may expect me to say that I wish I had written one less symphony than I did, but I don't buy into any of this "curse" rubbish!
According to an infamous curse in the world of classical music, after what symphony do many famous composers die after writing (Beethoven being one example)?
8. If one believed in curses, one may say that I should have fought for my nation in 1389 against the Ottomans. Maybe then my wife and I would be gifted with a son or daughter.
This curse was declared by Prince Lazar. After which Balkan territory is this curse named?
9. I, Helmut Jahn, am perhaps to blame for the poor performance of the Philadelphia sports teams in the 1990s and early 2000s. With hindsight, some say I should not have designed One Liberty Place - a building which was taller than the monument of this city's founder.
Who was the founder of this city?
10. I, Gregory Peck, always thought that curses were mumbo-jumbo, but the series of shocking events which occurred during the making of what was to become one of the most infamous films of all time has made me think that there are supernatural forces on Earth.
What was the name of this demonic film which was released in 1976?
Source: Author doublemm
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor LeoDaVinci
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.