Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Russia covers one eighth of the world's total land area. What is that in square miles?
2. How many time zones does Russia span?
3. How much of the world's fresh unfrozen water is found within the Russian Federation?
4. How many other countries share a land border with Russia?
5. The Trans-Siberian railway runs from Saint Petersburg in the West to Vladivostok in the East. What does the name Vladivostok mean?
6. What is the highest point in Russia?
7. What is the name of the belt of coniferous forest that extends from the Finnish border into northern Siberia?
8. Which is the longest river in Russia that flows into the Pacific Ocean?
9. What are Okrugs, Krais, and Oblasts?
10. The longest river in Europe, the Volga, unsurprisingly forms the largest estuary in Europe when it flows into which body of water?
Source: Author mikew41
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor Exit10
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.