Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Hannibal Barca was born around 247 BC to a powerful family. What Phoenician city in the Mediterranean did he call home?
2. For over 15 years, Hannibal journeyed with his father throughout Spain as they tried to expand their power to eventually defeat the Roman Empire. What Spanish resource helped fill their coffers?
3. In 218 BC, Hannibal ignored warnings from Rome and besieged the city of Saguntum. This was the beginning of what war?
4. True of False: The majority of Hannibal's army was made up of Carthaginian citizens.
5. What mountain range did Hannibal daringly cross, in the start of winter, to directly attack Rome?
6. What large mammal did Hannibal use in armies to carry supplies and charge the opposing armies? He took almost 40 of them over the mountains.
7. After crossing the mountains, in which battle in 216 BC, did Hannibal almost annihilate the Roman forces? It was one of the deadliest days in military history and considered an amazing tactical feat.
8. What Roman general made it his mission, for years, to conquer Hannibal? He had already reclaimed much of Spain for Rome in 205 BC when he tried to make good on his threat to Hannibal.
9. True or False: Hannibal lost to Rome in 202 BC at the Battle of Zama.
10. Hannibal died around 183 BC in what is today Turkey. How did this famous general die?
Source: Author stephgm67
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor ponycargirl
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.