Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. The rescue of hijacked Israeli and Jewish passengers took place on the same date that another nation was celebrating an important event. What event was this?
2. The hijacked airliner was an Air France flight with 248 passengers on board, as well as a crew of twelve. What route was it flying when it was hijacked?
3. Which terrorist organization(s) did the hijackers belong to?
4. Upon arriving in Entebbe, the hijackers separated the Jewish passengers, both Israeli and French, from the non-Jewish passengers, in a move chillingly reminiscent of a Nazi "aktion". What become of the aircraft's crew during the "selection"?
5. Faced with the terrorists' threat to begin shooting the passengers, the Israel Defense Forces (IDF) decided to undertake a rescue operation. What rather extraordinary fact aided in the planning of the operation?
6. The IDF officer chosen to lead the commando team in Entebbe was the relative of a well-known Israeli politician. Who was the officer?
7. What unusual piece of equipment did the IDF rescue team bring with them?
8. How long did the actual operation take, once the Israeli forces had landed at Entebbe?
9. An elderly British woman, Dora Bloch, was taken from the terminal in Entebbe to hospital after choking on some food. What was her fate?
10. The Entebbe raid has inspired books, movies, and even songs. Who played the part of Idi Amin in the film "Raid on Entebbe"?
Source: Author janetgool
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor bloomsby
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.