Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. 'Angel eggs' is another name for this rather piquant hors d'oeuvre pictured here, for people who consider them too 'heavenly' to be associated with the big horned guy, or prefer the name for religious reasons. Bearing that in mind, by which name are these eggs more commonly known?
2. The pasta in this dish here is known as 'angel hair pasta', but what is its name in Italian?
3. Which sea creatures are wrapped in bacon to make angels on horseback (pictured here)?
4. Angel food cake is a particularly light type of cake, often made in a tube pan like the one pictured here. What gives angel food cake its lightness?
5. Which 'angelic' cocktail contains blue Curaçao, brandy, vanilla liqueur and half-and-half? (Marlene Dietrich might know.)
6. These flowers belong to the angelica plant. The stems of the Angelica archangelica variant can be cooked and eaten, and are said to be particularly good for candying. What are candied angelica stems traditionally used for in cooking?
7. Angel Delight is an instant pudding from the UK, sold in powder form. The Angel Delight pictured here is strawberry flavour. It's available in other flavours too, but which is NOT one of them?
8. These pastries are known as 'angel wings' and are eaten all over Europe (these ones are Italian) and in the USA. At which time of year are they traditionally eaten?
9. This snack is an Angel Pie, consisting of a pair of cake layers sandwiched together with marshmallow filling and covered in chocolate. In which country is it sold? (Hint: it is marketed by a firm called Morinaga.)
10. Which spirit is used to make an Angel Face cocktail? (The picture will give you a clue.)
Source: Author Kankurette
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor Bruyere
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.