Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Opened in 1931, the Brill Building in New York soon found itself home to music publishers. Which of these big bands played songs originating from the New York edifice?
2. The Brill really began making musical history in the 1950s and '60s. Jerry Leiber and Mike Stoller wrote songs inside this New York building that were recorded by which artist?
3. One of the most famous Brill pairings was that of Gerry Goffin and Carole King, who continued to write even after their divorce. First released by the Shirelles in 1960 and covered by Cher, Dusty Springfield and even King herself, what was their first hit?
4. The two members of one of the most prolific and successful Brill song writing teams were actually introduced to each other in the building. Their time together produced timeless songs especially for Dionne Warwick. Who were they?
5. This Brill success actually penned a song for his onetime girlfriend and Brill compatriot. "Oh! Carol" was a hit for which songwriter?
6. They wrote hit songs for Jay and the Americans and Paul Revere and the Raiders, but the Brill's Tommy Boyce and Bobby Hart's major success came when they wrote which hit song for the the Monkees?
7. Many artists made their musical home in the Brill Building. Which singer/songwriter spent his early career writing for others, but then went on to greater personal success with such songs "Solitary Man" and "Sweet Caroline"?
8. Ellie Greenwich has been a major Brill Building success and got her start there in 1962 while still in college. How was she discovered?
9. The Brill Building's musical focus shifted a little with the British Invasion in the 1960s. Which British group nominated Brill legends Goffin and King as one of their major influences?
10. The Brill's Phil Spector was originally a member of a group called The Teddy Bears.
Source: Author Nannanut
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor agony
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.