Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. One of the many variations of this popular song had a chorus: "Jim crack corn, I don't care," repeated several times. The song was all about being troubled by an insect. What was the title?
2. In the title of this sad song, who or what what did Stephen Foster hope would "Come Again No More"? The chorus began "Tis the song, the sigh of the weary..."
3. In another Stephen Foster song, he dreamed of, longed for and sighed for this woman, "With the Light Brown Hair." What was her name?
4. In this wildly popular song, the singer wishes he could return to the place he was born "early on one frosty mornin'" and urges the listeners to look in that direction. What song is it?
5. Another sad Stephen Foster song recalls a friend who is "gentle, he is kind; / I'll never, never find / a better friend than" who? The friend's name is also the title.
6. George F. Root wrote this song in 1862, in the midst of the Civil War. The chorus included a line that was sometimes adapted as a title, "While we rally round the flag," but what was the well-known title that the singers were "shouting" in the last line of the chorus?
7. If I said the chorus to this Stephen Foster song included "Doo-dah, doo-dah," could you pick it out from the choices?
8. What sweet and patriotic song, written during the Civil War, began with the title, which was followed by these three lines:
"I am thinking most of you,
While upon the field we're watching
With the enemy in view"?
9. The singer's girl is Sal, but he keeps mentioning Polly. He's going to Louisiana to see someone else named Susyanna. Please name the title of this confusion!
10. What song begins with these three and a half lines, followed by the title? It was written just at the end of the Civil War.
"Bring the good old bugle, boys, we'll sing another song
Sing it with a spirit that will start the world along
Sing it as we used to sing it, 50,000 strong
While we were ..."
Source: Author littlepup
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor agony
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.