Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. What surname is shared by the first African-American quarterback to win the Superbowl, the swimmer who subsequently enjoyed a 20-year acting career in Hollywood, the baritone singer who 50 years later is the only remaining original member still singing with The Temptations, and the tennis player who reached the final of the US Open at her first attempt, in 1997?
2. Which surname is shared by the English historian who became best-known for his television lectures in the post-war years, the Australian actor who starred in Alfred Hitchcock's "The Birds", the winner of the memorable 1985 World Snooker Championships, the U.S. President whose daughter was once married to the Confederate leader Jefferson Davis?
3. What surname is shared by the last 20th-Century British Prime Minister with the given first name of James, the original lead guitarist of The Beach Boys who died in 1998, the author of "A Clockwork Orange" (his real last name) and the oldest member of England's 1966 World Cup winning team?
4. What surname is shared by a Hall of Fame basketball star who played his entire NBA career in San Antonio, the Romanian-born actor who played Moses' adversary, Dathan, in "The Ten Commandments", the first female President of Ireland and the world boxing champion who was born Walker Smith Jr.?
5. Which surname is shared by a founder member of prog-rock group 'Yes', an actress who first appeared in the TV role for which she is best known in 1993, a sci-fi/science fantasy novelist who won seven Hugo Awards and three Nebula Awards, and the first baseball manager to win the World Series with teams from both the National and American Leagues?
6. Which surname is shared by a man who won the baseball World Series title as both a player and a manager, a member of 'The Rat Pack', an English singer/songwriter born in Exeter in 1977 and an actor/comedian/writer who was awarded an Honorary Oscar in 2013?
7. Which surname is shared by a general at the Battle of New Orleans who went onto become U.S. President, a two-time Oscar-winning actress, a rapper known by the stage name "Ice Cube" and one of the greatest coaches in NBA history?
8. What surname is shared by the musician who founded and led the group Earth, Wind & Fire, the last surviving member of the main cast of "The Golden Girls", the NFL Hall of Famer nicknamed "The Minister of Defense" and the writer whose books for children include "Charlotte's Web" and "Stuart Little"?
9. Which surname is shared by the first non-European or American to win the Tour de France, the third wife of the singer/songwriter (her stage name) who was married to the "King of the Cowboys" for half a century, the 19th-century novelist who wrote under the name George Eliot and the mother of Harry Potter?
10. What surname is shared by the Secretary of State who negotiated America's border with Canada and the annexation of Florida before he became President, one of three legends of Arsenal F.C. honored with statues outside the new Emirates stadium, a humorist who wrote a BBC radio comedy that turned into a best-selling five-book 'trilogy' and a member of one of the most successful all-women pop bands of all time.
Source: Author EnglishJedi
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor bloomsby
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.