Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Which of the following saints was a Franciscan missionary to South America? He became patron saint of Argentina, Bolivia, Chile, Paraguay and Peru.
2. Which apostle is one of the patron saints of Chile? The Chilean capital was named after him.
3. Which patron saint of Colombia is venerated on September 9? I don't know whether he holds the keys, but his feast day is also the Colombian Human Rights' Day.
4. In which country of the northern part of South America is the shrine of El Quinche, which gave its name to the country's patron saint Our Lady of Quinche?
5. Which oil producing South American country has Our Lady of Coromoto as its patron saint?
6. Which martyr is the patron saint of Rio de Janeiro?
7. Our Lady of Candelaria is the patron saint of which capital city of a South American country with two capitals?
8. Rosa of Lima is of course one of the patron saints of the Peruvian capital. But which male Spaniard is the other patron saint of Lima? Don't confuse this saint with the patron saint of the internet.
9. Our Lady of Guadalupe is a Marian apparition that is venerated in many places all over the Americas. Which Venezuelan city (with a name that reminds me of a Queen) has Our Lady of Guadalupe as patron saint?
10. Which Argentinian city has Saint Vincent de Paul as its patron saint?
Source: Author JanIQ
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor LeoDaVinci
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.