Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. The Canal du Midi connects which French city to the Mediterranean Sea?
2. Which world leader lived in Avignon during the period 1309-1376? There were multiple persons, but one sole title.
3. In which region of France is Mont-Saint-Michel, the abbey on a tidal island?
4. Which palace gave its name to a famous treaty of 1919?
5. Which of these French cities serves as one of the capital cities of the European Union?
6. To obtain which commodity, a special pipeline was built from Salins-les-Bains to Arc-en-Senans?
7. Which valley between Sully and Chalonnes (in Central France) was added in 2000 as a UNESCO World Heritage Site? This valley presents the tourists many castles as well as many vineyards.
8. On the shores of which French island can you find the Gulf of Porto?
9. Which French harbour is named the "port de la lune" ("Port of the Moon") because of its shape?
10. Which of these French grottos with prehistoric cave paintings was inscribed on the UNESCO World Heritage Site list in 2014?
Source: Author JanIQ
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor stedman
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.