Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. A dictator's wife said "When they opened my closets, they only found shoes - not skeletons. That's why I'm still here." Who is/was she?
2. Another dictator's wife with a passion for shoes is the wife of president/dictator Robert Mugabe of Zimbabwe. What is her first name?
3. Which Andrew Lloyd Webber/Tim Rice musical was based on the life of the wife of South American dictator?
4. This dictator's wife was married for less than 24 hours before she and her husband committed suicide. Who was she?
5. This dictator's wife built a lavish palace to live in which is reputed to be the second largest building in the world (after the Pentagon). Who is/was she?
6. Which wife of a Chinese dictator was known as "the white-boned demon"?
7. President Suharto and his wife ruled which Asian country for over thirty years?
8. Some historians claim that Alexander the Great was homosexual. Certainly, he did not have the reputation for womanising that other great dictators and conquerors have had, however, he did marry at least once. What was his wife's name?
9. This ancient Roman dictator's wife was allegedly a nymphomaniac who publicly committed bigamy by marrying another man and conspiring with him to kill her husband. What was the name of this wife?
10. This ancient Roman dictator's wife allegedly killed her husband with a poisoned mushroom in order to put her son on the throne? What was the name of this wife?
Source: Author MotherGoose
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor fringe
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.