Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. The sting of this ugly marine dweller, excellent at camouflaging, is said to cause the worst pain known to humankind.
2. This venomous, though rarely deadly critter is easily recognizable by its distinctive red abdominal markings.
3. This sea creature with a naval-sounding name can cause quite a lot of pain and discomfort with its sting.
4. The bite of this fearsome "mythical" beast was thought to be deadly because of the bacteria contained in its saliva.
5. This dangerous flying creature, the largest of its family, is known to prey on honeybees.
6. Greatly feared throughout its range, this large, deadly African snake is the fastest on Earth.
7. Watch out! The scientific name of this eight-legged desert dweller means "man-killer".
8. This rare example of a venomous mammal can inflict a very painful sting with its leg spurs.
9. The sting of some members of this group of strikingly beautiful molluscs can be fatal to humans.
10. This highly dangerous Asian snake has sometimes been identified with the "speckled band" of a famous Sherlock Holmes story.
Source: Author LadyNym
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor guitargoddess
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.