Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. This endangered bird is one of the heaviest in the world. You can find it in the man-made cereal steppes of southern Europe, but also in the natural steppes of Ukraine and other eastern countries. Which bird is it?
2. This is another steppe land bird. This small bird of prey is considered vulnerable by the IUCN, although it's very similar to a rather common species. Small body, transparent claws and a brown unspotted back in the males are three characters that should give it away. Which bird is it?
3. These birds are black and you find them by the sea. You can distinguish them from their white-faced cousins by the small crest that becomes obvious during the breeding season. Which bird is it?
4. I have a long tail, a dark cap and bluish wings, and you can find me in cork oak woodlands. Which bird am I?
5. How many species of kingfishers can you find in southern Europe?
6. Which birds can you find in Africa, trailing elephants and buffaloes, but also in Europe following grazing cows and sheep?
7. Can you find weaver birds in Portuguese wetlands?
8. These birds breed in northern Europe but can be found wintering in southern Europe. They have a black and white plumage and search for worms in estuarine mudflats with their recurved bills. Which bird is it?
9. Which Spanish protected area is the most important south-European wetland, and where you can find most of the birds that occur in southern Europe?
10. Which biogeographical region does southern Europe fit into?
Source: Author aearluin
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor crisw
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.