Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Phoenix Rising's Red Crew allowed Leith90 to talk them into boarding a cruise ship around the Pacific Islands. They came across a bird that sounds like a cross between Zorro and a silly person.
What blue-faced bird from the gannet family did they encounter?
2. The Red Crew are sailing around in their brigantine when they spy a new bird! The many-coloured fruit dove has probably the most sensible title in the bird kingdom. It is a dove that has many colours and it eats fruit. What fruit does it prefer?
3. Floating aimlessly aboard their ketch, the Red Crew ponder : 'what sombre coloured bird, with a knob over its beak, sounds like it has royal connections?
4. Drifting in the dinghy around the Pacific Islands, while Triviaballer completes another level of Angry Birds, the Red Crew found another bird to photograph. This one sounds like a cross between a Smurf and an Enid Blyton character.
Which small seabird, also known as the manuohina, is in the viewfinder now?
5. Riding the waves in a coracle, we are searching for a small black-and-white bird which the natives call "Gigiy". Found only on four islands in Micronesia, the bird's binomial taxonomic name is Monarcha godeffroyi and it is positioned in the Near Threatened conservation category, mainly due to the very limited range of its habitat. Prattling on, can you tell us the common name of this bird - a regal sounding name similar to that of a butterfly?
6. The Red Crew are looking a little windswept as they travel through the Pacific Islands of Tonga and Tuvalu in their yacht. They jokingly suggest looking for a specific bird as it might be useful in tidying up their messy hairdos.
Which curve-billed shorebird, which winters in the Pacific Islands, are they referencing?
7. While traveling across the Pacific Ocean in their trimaran, Phoenix Rising's Red Team noticed a bird following fishing boats. What was this large, palefaced bird (from the genus Calonectris) that, despite its name, had a body covered with feathers?
8. Bobbing along in their launch, the incredible Phoenix Rising Red Team stare excitedly at a bird that is out of its usual stamping, err, flying grounds. The male has a marvelous red pouch on its throat that puffs up sensationally to attract females. The breed is also notorious for stealing food caught by other birds. What bird is this?
9. Feeling the need for some spiritual downtime, Red Crew leave the comfort of their longboat and begin the search for a bird with a hallowed aspect. They again consult their birdbook, reverently handled by teammate pusdoc, the chief ornithologist.
Which turquoise bird, once called 'respected' or 'venerated', are the team now looking for?
10. Tootling along in their outrigger canoe, which bird did the Red Crew spy perched in a tree? By its name, you would expected to be somewhat lost while piping a lovely tune.
Which fairly large web-footed bird, by the name Dendrocygna arcuata, has confused the team now?
11. Punting furiously in their gondola while on an excursion fishing for prawns to satisfy Jaknginger's craving for gumbo, the Phoenix Rising's Red Crew saw this lovely gray raptor in action! Which Fijian bird fits the bill?
12. Alighting from the pirogue, Red Crew wait patiently as Mike32768 shakes sand from his socks and sandals whilst contemplating a bird endemic to Papua New Guinea. It sounds like it would hang out with Winnie the Pooh while singing the US national anthem, but is actually an attractive species with white half-moons on its breast?
13. While puttering around Fiji in a cute little catamaran, Red Crew stumbled across the national bird. Which multi-colored bird, that sounds like it has something around its neck, is deserving of the honor?
14. The Red Crew, in their little red rowboat, arrive in New Caledonia, on the hunt for another endemic bird. This time it's a cowardly caped crusader. The crew smirk as smpdit harrumphs and snatches the bird book back for a proper look. She points to a grey passerine with a coloured underside. What bird, native to Grande Terre, is the intrepid team looking for?
15. Red Crew's knees whang up and down as they propel their pedalo around the Solomon Islands. They hear about a bird they just have to find and tick off the list. It is bound to be wearing a tiara and ordering about some kind of minion bird whilst looking haughtily through a lorgnette. What brightly coloured bird of the Charmosyna family are they hoping to find?
Source: Author smpdit
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor rossian
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.