Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. The coyote's binomial name is 'Canis latrans' which references the various vocal sounds it makes. What does this mean in English?
2. Coyotes can be found throughout most parts of which continent?
3. The coyote is also known by several other names. Which of the following is NOT one of them?
4. Which of the following best describes the coyote's mating habits?
5. There are 19 subspecies of coyote that can be divided into four types based on their location. One particular subspecies from the Central American group is noted for being a better swimmer than its counterparts. Which one?
6. Coyotes prey on a wide variety of other animals and even are known to eat berries. What kind of prey do coyotes most commonly feed on?
7. Coyotes are not only the hunter, but are also hunted. Which of the following animals does NOT prey on the coyote?
8. Coyotes have been known to occasionally work together with which other animal while hunting?
9. What is the maximum speed of an adult coyote?
10. Coyotes are often feared and misunderstood, but they fulfil an important role in the ecosystem. Which of the following is NOT a benefit provided by the presence of coyotes?
Source: Author emiloony
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor rossian
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.