Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Which of the following belongs in the Canidae family?
2. The 'true' dogs are all in the genus Canis. Which of the following isn't a true dog?
3. Which of the following canids has the widest distribution?
4. Which species of wild canine is the largest?
5. The dingo is the native wild dog of Australia.
6. Now let's talk about the wild dogs of specific continents, starting with North America. Which canid is not native to North America?
7. Which of these wild North American canids is critically endangered?
8. Now let's move on to South America. This beautiful wild dog is often known as 'a fox on stilts.' Name it.
9. This unusual South American wild dog looks more like a wolverine or small bear.
10. On to Africa. What is the name of the tiny African desert fox with huge ears?
11. Now to Bible lands. What fox was likely to be the species that was mentioned in the Song of Solomon as an eater of grapes?
12. More from Asia. What is the beautiful red wild dog of India called?
13. Which wild dog of much of Asia, including Japan, is also known as 'tanuki'?
14. Back to the US for the last two. You see a fox with a black-tipped tail. Is it a red fox or a grey fox?
15. Which North American canine has expanded its range the most?
Source: Author crisw
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor Tizzabelle
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.