Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. These Antarctic hunters gained their name from a combination of their spotted appearance and their ferocity. What are they?
2. This group of animals form part of the Colubridae family and are named for a major component of their diet. They might give you a fright, but they are largely harmless to humans. What are they?
3. These animals, which can be found in the Americas, are named for their long limbs and tails, as well as their excellent climbing abilities. What animals are these?
4. This animal is a named for its relatively large size and includes American, African, and Goliath varieties, with the Goliath reaching up to 16 inches in length! Which animal is this?
5. Rather than finding this creature rummaging through your bins in North America, you are more likely to find it in Central and South Asia, as well as in some parts of Eastern Europe. Which animal is this?
6. This man-eater is named for the pattern along its back. It is notable for its large head and its unusual teeth, which are said to resemble the comb of a rooster. Which animal is this?
7. This innovative turtle uses a worm-like tongue to lure fish. It has a serrated carapace and fearsome claws. After which larger reptile is this turtle named?
8. This animal is named for two other animals, neither of which it actually is. This animal has numerous myths attached to it, making people run for their lives if/when they see it. There is, however, no truth in these deadly myths. Which animal is this?
9. This small animal lives in Africa and creates its own road systems. They are also called sengis, but their common name comes from a much larger animal. Which animal is this?
10. This animal can be boiled, frozen, sent into space, and zapped with radiation that would kill just about anything else, and it will still come back for more. It is part of the phylum Tardigrada and shares its common name with a large animal in the order Carnivora. What is this seemingly indestructible animal?
Source: Author doublemm
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor guitargoddess
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.