Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Which of the following colourful creatures is NOT able to swim?
2. What beautiful insect is known for its migration from Mexico to Canada during spring and summer and back to Mexico again in the autumn?
3. Why are rats always chewing things?
4. A mantis is a type of insect: what holy action do they 'do'?
5. I do not have scales. I was born in the Sargasso Sea, but live most of my life in freshwater. As a youngster I was known as an elver. I'm paired with cucumber in the sushi roll known as unakyu. What am I?
6. What easily recognized duck, with a worldwide distribution, is the antecedent of all domestic ducks other than the Muscovy?
7. The frog Brachycephalus didactylus is known for being one of the smallest frogs in the world, at a little less than ten millimeters (2/5 inches). Which continent is it from?
8. The lineage of this breed of dog seemed more clearly defined than the reason for its name. What medium to large, short-haired dog, that was developed in Germany, had several explanations for its name - yet some did relate to pugilism?
9. Sepia apama, the world's largest cuttlefish species, is known by what common name?
10. A palmiped's feet are more commonly called what?
Source: Author FTBot
This quiz was reviewed by our editing team before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.