Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. There was a time in pre-history when lions were the second most populous large land mammal on Earth, after humans. In which which geologic era did this occur?
2. Although there is evidence that guide dogs were used to help blind people as far back as the 16th century, it was not until after World War II that organized training for guide dogs was instituted.
3. Which of these characteristics of bulls led to the selection of the color red for matadors' capes?
4. Bald eagles cannot swim.
5. Which of the following continents, now linked to many things equine, had never in its history had native horses until they were brought in by early explorers and settlers?
6. What is the period of inactivity experienced by snakes in cold weather called?
7. A cat can move each ear independently of the other one.
8. What does the juvenile pinnate batfish have in common with the opossum?
9. There are nearly twice as many moth species as butterfly species.
10. Many animal mothers and their young can recognize each other by smell. But llamas go the animal kingdom one better with what kind of mother-to-baby-to-mother communication and recognition?
Source: Author shorthumbz
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor Tizzabelle
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.