Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. In Ancient Rome, the military made use of which insect in battle?
2. Which domesticated animal has been used in anti-tank warfare?
3. Which animal was famously marched over the Pyrenees and the Alps by the armies of Carthage, led by Hannibal, to battle the Romans in the Second Punic War?
4. Which animal did famous behaviourist B.F. Skinner believe he could train to guide missiles for the U.S Military?
5. Which nocturnal animal did President Roosevelt approve the use of as 'bombs' during World War II?
6. The U.S. Navy Marine Mammal Program uses which animal, along with sea lions, for underwater mine detection?
7. Which animal's military use can be traced back over 5000 years, is seen all over the world and is still used today?
8. Which flying insect has the U.S. Military researched for their ability to detect toxic and dangerous substances such as TNT?
9. According to Pliny the Elder, a naval and army commander in ancient Rome, war elephants were afraid of which farm animal?
10. Which small creatures have been trained to detect landmines and have been deployed in Mozambique for this purpose?
Source: Author EmmaF2008
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor crisw
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.