Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Tasmanian devil females give birth to 20-30 babies at a time, but since they have only four nipples, most babies do not survive.
2. By weight, human beings and insects are about equal in mass on earth.
3. Ostriches bury their heads in the sand to avoid danger.
4. Snakes have no eyelids.
5. A sperm whale's head is filled with an oily substance called spermaceti, the purpose of which scientists cannot definitively explain.
6. Dogs sweat primarily through their feet.
7. If a human touches a baby bird, the mother will reject it.
8. A red kangaroo can leap up to eight meters in distance and three meters high in a single bound.
9. Flying fish and flying squirrels actually only glide long distances through the air. Birds are the only animals that fly.
10. Camels store water in their humps.
Source: Author Nealzineatser
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor Tizzabelle
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.