Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. There are many creatures who have adapted to living the majority of their life underground. Which habitat is this classified as?
2. Which of the following mammals is semi-aquatic, spending most of its time in water but living in burrows at the edge of lakes and rivers?
3. The prairie dog lives in a large underground community called what?
4. Which type of worm create these enchanting swirls of sand on the beach at low tide?
5. Riparia riparia is the scientific name for which burrowing bird?
6. "I am a mole and I live in a hole!" chunters Mr Mole as he starts digging his new tunnels. Why exactly do moles create mole hills?
7. Often seen semi-buried along the coastline, what type of burrowing sea creature is the sand dollar?
8. The burrowing kangaroo rat is a marsupial.
9. When a pregnant polar bear approaches giving birth, she will tunnel into a snowbank to create a birthing chamber. What is this otherwise known as?
10. Which of these African mammals does NOT create a burrow in which to live and rear its young?
Source: Author Plodd
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor rossian
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.