Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. In 1987 the song "When Your Walls Come Down" was released on the album "Crazy Nights". For which of these hard rock bands was this the 14th album?
"I know you want it, you know you want it too
Hey diddle diddle, when the cat wants to fiddle
The kitten's gotta give him the moon"
2. Their second album, "Our Favorite Shop", was released in the U.K. in 1985. Which of these politically inspired bands released several singles from the album including "Walls Come Tumbling Down!"?
"Are you gonna try to make this work
Or spend your days down in the dirt
You see things can change -
YES an' walls can come tumbling down!"
3. The song "Let Your Wall Fall Down" was released on the album "Brother" (2010). Which of these pop rock bands named "Brother" in memory of a dead band member?
"So let your wall come down
And some love come in
'Cause the time is now to stand together
Let these words ring true
Let the light come through
Let it shine
4. Produced when the group was initially active (1980-1992), the album "Jettison" (1988) includes the track "When the Walls Come Down". For which of the following punk rock groups was this their third album?
"The big ball swings towards you and him on her
When the finding's out and the fryin' pan flies
And the sound resounds when your love is burned"
5. The album "Uh-huh" (1983) would be the first credit to him with his actual last name. From that album, which of these artists co-authored the song "Crumblin' Down" with George Green?
"Some people ain't no damn good
You can't trust 'em
You can't love em
No good deed goes unpunished
And I don't mind being their whipping boy
I've had that pleasure
For years and years"
6. Only one single, "Walls (Circus)", was released from the soundtrack of the 1996 film "She's the One". Which of the following rock bands recorded the soundtrack for "She's the One"?
"Some days are diamonds
Some days are rocks
Some doors are open
Some roads are blocked"
7. Which of these female singer-songwriters released the album "Coming Around Again" with the track "Do the Walls Come Down" in 1987?
"Do the walls come down
When you think of me
Do your eyes grow dim
Do the walls come down
When you think of me
Do you let me in"
8. The album "WALLS" ("We Are Like Love Songs"), released in 2016, included a number of the same name which was released as a single in the same year. Which band released this single?
"I can't get there on my own
You can't leave me here alone
I'm just trying to do what's right
Oh a man ain't a man 'less he's fought the fight"
9. In the song "Let the Walls Come Down", this artist not only provided vocals, but also played both guitar and harmonica. Which of these artists released "Let the Walls Come Down" on the album "Closer to the Bone" in 2009?
"On a cold dark corner in town
An old soul standing his ground
Sang his heart right out at the world
Passing him by
I can still hear every word
Of a song that nobody heard
Cause he sang right out of his soul
Into the sky, when he cried"
10. Which British rock band, with its roots going back to the early 1960s, released their seventeenth album in 1998? The album, "Wild Horses - The Nashville Album", included the track "When the Walls Come Down".
"I know he hurt you
More than anybody could
I know he told you
More than anybody should
some guys don't realize
the damage they do"
Source: Author mlcmlc
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor agony
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.