Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. One dark and stormy night, the telephone by my side suddenly rang and it was Reverend Golightly to say there had been a murder at the FEE CARRIAGE.
2. It only took me ten minutes to get to where the murder had taken place. The body was face down in the CONE SIR VET HOARY, a dagger clasped tightly in his hand.
3. Lord Knickersley-Knockerbotham had been murdered! I had to find the culprit, but I also knew that he, or she, was INN KNOW SAINT until proven guilty, so I had to hunt quickly for clues.
4. I looked carefully at the dagger but there were no stab wounds on the body, neither was there any blood on the blade. Ah! ha! I'm sure it was a RAY DARE RINK placed in the victim's hand to divert me from the truth.
5. I believe the murderer was in TEASE GUYS as I found a wig and face mask hidden behind a large palm tree.
6. I interviewed the housekeeper, Mrs Nearly-White, and she gave me an ALE HE BYE for the approximate time his Lordship had been murdered. I released her without any further questioning.
7. Inspector Holmes and his sidekick, Doctor Watson, stopped by to see whether I needed a helping hand to identify the CREAM ME NAIL.
8. They noticed straight away the VIN CURB RINSE on an empty brandy glass which had somehow dropped to the floor.
9. On checking the glass for any remains of poison, we tested for ARE SNEAK, hemlock and cyanide.
10. Yes! His Lordship had been poisoned and we managed to arrest the head gardener, Miss Bella Donna, as she tried to escape. I am pleased I was able to use the LEA TALE GRACE HELLS in my brain to help solve this crime. Thank you for your help!
Source: Author Plodd
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor spanishliz
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.