Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Which of these Oscar-winning actors was born and raised in Astoria, New York, where his father ran a bakery under an elevated train platform? Hint: He's best known for playing quirky, strange or even psychotic characters on screen.
2. Which of these classy, Grammy-winning Italian-American singers was born and raised in Astoria, New York?
3. Which of these popular folk singers was born in Astoria, New York, performed at the 1969 Woodstock festival, and scored her first Top 10 hit with the help of the Edwin Hawkins Singers?
4. Bret Maverick (James Garner) had a never-ending stream of relatives on the comical TV Western "Maverick". Which relative was played by Astoria-born Jack Kelly?
5. What Greek-American actor from Astoria travelled across the U.S.A. with Martin Milner, in the TV drama series "Route 66"?
6. Astoria girl Ethel Zimmerman dropped the first syllable of her last name and became a huge Broadway star as Ethel Merman. For which musical did she win the Tony as Best Actress?
7. Astoria-born Al Oerter won four consecutive Olympic gold medals in which track and field event?
8. Which of these actors, best known for playing a suave British spy, was actually born in Astoria, New York?
9. Each of these actors has played a villain in a James Bond film. One of them was born in Astoria, New York, and took up acting after a nun at his Catholic grammar school told him he had a nice singing voice. Which of them is the Astoria boy?
10. What Astoria-born actor, best known as a wimpy nerd on a popular sitcom, played the tyrannical Captain Herbert Sobel in the HBO war series "Band of Brothers"?
Source: Author astorian
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor JuniorTheJaws
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.