Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. I am a Scotsman who's had quite a career in movies. I've played a young Obi-Wan Kenobi, a writer in love with a courtesan, and a heavy drug user in Edinburgh. Can you name me?
2. I lived quite a life! I became a ruler when just a few days old, married three times, and had a rocky relationship with my cousin Elizabeth that ended poorly for me. Do you know me?
3. I was a Scottish hero. A power vacuum in my country in the late 1200s lead to a British king taking over, and I could not not abide by that. I fought for independence, and won a decisive battle at Stirling Bridge though we were vastly outnumbered. Who was I?
4. I was born in Scotland but I'm a proud American now. In fact, I wrote the book "American on Purpose: The Improbable Adventures of an Unlikely Patriot" (2009), though I'm probably more famous for a different medium. Do you know me?
5. I may not the be the only man to portray a famous spy on film, but I was the first. In 1989 People magazine named me "Sexiest Man Alive," and eleven years later, Elizabeth II knighted me. Who am I?
6. I am a pop singer and a Grammy winner. One of my most famous songs involves morning transportation, and later in my career, Prince took me under his wing. Who am I?
7. I was born in Bathgate, played a detective on "Broadchurch," and had a memorable turn as a certain doctor. Who am I?
8. I was born in Edinburgh and died a long way from home in the Samoan Islands, but not before publishing stories of great adventure, including "Strange Case of Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde." Can you name me?
9. I'm a beefy Scotsman who trained for law in Edinburgh before turning to acting. My breakout role was as Spartan King Leonidas in 2007. Who am I?
10. I am often considered the national poet of Scotland and a pioneer in the Romanticism movement. I had little money but I did what I could to preserve Scottish songs and even wrote the famous "Auld Lang Syne" which is often sun at New Year's. Who was I?
Source: Author PootyPootwell
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor ponycargirl
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.