Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Which former editor of the 'Daily Mirror', a British tabloid newspaper, appeared as a judge on 'America's Got Talent' and had his own talk show on CNN from 2011 to 2014?
2. Which newsreader and TV presenter won the first series of the celebrity dance competition 'Strictly Come Dancing' in 2004?
3. The actress who appeared in the BBC series 'Sherlock' as Sherlock Holmes' mother, is also the real-life mother of Benedict Cumberbatch - the actor who portrayed Sherlock. What is her name?
4. Which acting Amanda, who suffered serious burns as a child, appeared on TV as Alison Braithwaite in 'At Home with the Braithwaites' and as Detective Superintendent Sandra Pullman in the first ten series of 'New Tricks'?
5. Known for playing 'Kevin the Teenager' and 'Loadsamoney', what is the name of the comedian and actor whose eponymous sketch show aired on British TV for much of the 1990s?
6. Who was the British middle distance runner who won an Olympic gold medal in the 800 metres at the 1980 Moscow Games?
7. Which model, who was formerly known by the pseudonym Jordan, won the 15th series of the UK TV show 'Celebrity Big Brother' in 2015?
8. Which 'EastEnders' actress represented the UK at the 1991 Eurovision Song Contest under her maiden name of Janus?
9. In 2015, who became the first British astronaut from the European Space Agency to join the crew of the International Space Station?
10. Which star of 'Desperate Housewives' also appeared as Paige Matheson in the soap opera 'Knots Landing'?
Source: Author Fifiona81
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor ponycargirl
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.