Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. James Tiberius Kirk was born on March 22nd in the year 2233 to parents George and Winona. In what U.S. state was he born?
2. In the "Star Trek" episode "The Conscience of the King" we learned that prior to joining Starfleet, Kirk lived on a planet as a teenager where he witnessed Governor Kodos carry out a massacre (in the year 2346). What was the name of the planet?
3. In the 2009 film "Star Trek", what fruit was Kirk eating whilst taking the Kobayashi Maru test?
4. The actor most associated with the role of James T. Kirk is, of course, William Shatner. In the 2009 film "Star Trek", which actor took the role?
(Note: He was first seen trying to chat up Uhura in a bar.)
5. The "TOS" episode "Shore Leave" had Kirk and company beam down to a planet where their every whim seemed to come to life. Kirk thought of his time at Starfleet Academy when he was severely bullied. What was the name of that bully?
6. The 2009 reboot of the "Star Trek" movie franchise saw Kirk take command of the Enterprise while still a Cadet at Starfleet Academy. In the original reality, what ship was Lieutenant Kirk's first deep-space assignment?
7. ("TOS": "Operation Annihilate") Kirk's brother, Sam and his family lived on the planet Deneva. This planet was just the latest in a long history of planetary invasions by flying parasitic creatures from another universe, wiping out whole civilizations. The creatures controlled those they infected as well as caused insanity. Which member of Kirk's family was the only one to survive?
8. In an episode of "Star Trek: The Original Series" Kirk was happily married and his wife was expecting their first child.
9. In "Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan", we find out that Admiral Kirk had been involved with Carol Marcus many years before, and now had a grown son named David. Which career path did both Carol and David Marcus pursue?
10. Most of you know Kirk's arch enemy was Khan whom we first saw in the "TOS" episode "Space Seed" and then again in the movie "Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan." But do you know his full name?
11. Tragically, in one of the "Star Trek" movies, David Marcus, Kirk and Carol's son, died. Which sentence best describes the circumstances of his death?
12. Captain James T. Kirk committed seven separate temporal violations.
13. In the year 2293, Kirk and McCoy were sentenced to lifelong imprisonment on the Klingon prison asteroid Rura Penthe. What was the crime that they had been convicted of?
14. On what deck of the Enterprise-B was the retired Captain Kirk when the Nexus struck the ship?
15. James T. Kirk died assisting Jean-Luc Picard in trying to stop Doctor Tolian Soran from destroying a sun. On which planet did this occur?
Source: Author reedy
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor kyleisalive
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.