Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. This radio show, hosted by 'The Man In Black', billed itself as 'radio's outstanding theatre of thrills' ?
2. This show started with this question: 'Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men'?
3. This show, hosted by a bad punster named Raymond, welcomed you every Tuesday night at 9.00pm, 'through the squeaking door' ?
4. This show warned its audience before every show: 'If you frighten easily, turn off your radio now!' ?
5. This show was based on true crime reports from the LAPD. 'Only the names have been changed to protect the innocent' ?
6. This show about a 'hard boiled private eye' began with a phone call to his secretary, Effie Perrine, and a dictation to her of his most recent 'Caper' ?
7. Before she became the biggest female TV star in the 1950s, Lucille Ball had a radio show which in essence evolved into 'I Love Lucy' on TV. What was it called?
8. With a supporting cast of characters such as Mel Blanc, Phil Harris, Dennis Day, and Rochester, this comedian provided laughs and the worst violin on radio for 30 years?
9. October 30th, 1938 was the broadcast date of what was inarguably the most famous single broadcast of radio theatre. What was the show?
10. The most requested show 'Suspense' ever aired was also the only radioplay ever adapted into a movie?
Source: Author alexcooper79
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor gtho4
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.