Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Kwizzer comes to a hollow in a tree trunk and pokes his nose in. A bushy-tailed creature offers him shelter, but the place is so full of nuts Kwizzer can't fit inside! Who lives here?
2. Yuck! Nobody's home at this underground den, but Kwizzer's nose lets him know exactly whom it belongs to. What smelly, black-and-white striped animal dug this home?
3. A bolt of lightning illuminates the sky, and Kwizzer sees a home high above him in a tree branch. The nest is abandoned, but won't do much to keep out the rain. Who would have laid little blue eggs in it last spring?
4. This hill of dirt is sure evidence of a home full of insects seeking refuge from the rain. Kwizzer is acquainted with the colony that lives here, but it is much too small for him! Who built this underground nest?
5. "Mrrr-eeoww!" Kwizzer's greeting echoes in the empty cave. It's nice to get out of the storm, but the large animal who lives here could come back to hibernate with her cubs at any minute. Whose home might this be?
6. Kwizzer would love to stay in the warren he just found, but the small tunnels make him feel claustrophobic, or afraid of tight places. What furry, burrowing animal lives inside?
7. The sound of a threatening "buzz" makes Kwizzer turn tail and run, but before he gets away he sees a flash of yellow and black behind him. What honey-makers built the hive Kwizzer is running from?
8. Desperate times call for desperate measures! Kwizzer sees a lodge in a nearby pond, but he hates getting wet. He decides that getting in the water would be no better than staying out in the rain. Who is the lodge's buck-toothed resident?
9. The clouds part, and in the moonlight Kwizzer sees a stable that can shelter him till morning. "Neigh!" says its resident, inviting him to settle down in a fresh bed of hay. Who is Kwizzer's equine host?
10. Kwizzer awakens to a bright new day on which to journey home. "Woof, woof!" a friendly neighbor greets him. Fido would certainly have offered Kwizzer shelter (and a chewed-up bone) last night. What kind of animal is Fido, "man's best friend"?
Source: Author darthrevan89
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor NatalieW
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.