Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Which club would you use to hit the ball the furthest?
2. What is the name of the peg that a golfer places the ball on before his or her first shot of the hole?
3. The grass between where the golfer takes a swing at the ball and the hole is kept nicely mowed. Golfers try to land their shots in this area because they then have a better surface to make their next shot from. What is the name of this area?
4. Which of these clubs will hit the ball the shortest distance?
5. Most holes are straight. Some holes, however, have a bend in them. What is the bend called?
6. A golf course designer may place special things on some holes to make them harder to play because the golfer has to try to keep his or her ball out of that area. Which of the following is something a course designer might place?
7. What does it mean when a hole is described as a Par 4?
8. Which of these is NOT a golf term?
9. Once you are on the green (the short grass around the hole) what is the term for trying to hit the ball in the hole?
10. For safety, which of the following should a golfer have with them and/or wear?
Source: Author deputygary
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor NatalieW
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.