Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Our first shade of a green is the name of a beautiful gemstone used in both art and everyday objects in prehistoric and historic China, where it was more precious than either gold or silver. What 'imperial gem' is also a popular given name for girls in most English-speaking countries?
2. More commonly known as spring green, this color name has been made more popular by Crayola. What shade of green, halfway between cyan and green on the color wheel, should make you think of the birth of the Greek goddess Aphrodite?
3. This shade suggests one of the oldest methods of survival and recreation in the world. What color should Elmer Fudd, Van Helsing, and Dean Winchester all bring to mind?
4. Though you'd have to travel there on a brick road of another color, which city should be your destination if you find yourself stranded in the Land of Oz?
5. This color green is one of the most famous symbols of Ireland. Too bad if you're looking for luck; this clover is one leaf short! What shade will you get if you put together a hoax and a genre of music?
6. Despite being a mix of blue and green, most people think of this color as green. What shade of green is named for the duck who sports the color around his eyes?
7. Though it might remind you more of a paperback romance novel, this shade of green is both a color and a type of pattern for clothes, usually in the shape of diamonds. Don't let a similarly named DC Comics character fool you with her red and black costume! What amusing shade of green is this?
8. This tasty color green is something you might slice and put on your salad or perhaps drop into your martini. Add to it a word that means bleak or dreary and you have a color that will perhaps remind you of the military, though the solid-color fighting uniforms have fallen out of favor since the Vietnam War. Can you guess the color?
9. You might want this kind of green in your tea, with your lamb, or after a dinner rich with garlic and onions. It could also come in handy when you need to manufacture some new metal currency. What color green is the state a coin collector would hope his coins are in?
10. And, finally, our last shade of green. Avid "Harry Potter" readers might recognize it as the color of robe Harry wore to the Yule Ball, while vexillologists (flag enthusiasts) might relate it to the background color of Bangladesh's flag. What is this dark green color that is often used for street signs in the US?
Source: Author croatoan
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor Pagiedamon
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.