Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Can you name the lovely yellow gem that is the birthstone for November?
2. Said to be a girl's best friend, what is this gem?
3. Its colour is associated with the land of leprechauns and lilting brogues. What is this gem?
4. The name of this gem is associated with the death of John F. Kennedy and its aftermath. Can you name it?
5. What is the name of the beautiful iridescent gem which seems to constantly change colours under different lights?
6. The largest beryl was found in a country with a capital city of Antananarivo. What is that country?
7. The gem was so named because it was introduced to the European world from a country whose capital was Constantinople. Do you know this gem?
8. "A White Sport Coat and a Pink ..." no wait, that can't be right. What is this gem that could almost fit into the name of that old song?
9. This exquisite stone is associated with Florida, not because it has any known natural deposits of same, but because of the famous date, 20 July 1969. What is it?
10. The name of this purple gem is rather hard to pronounce without sounding as though one has a pronounced lisp. Do you know its name?
Source: Author Creedy
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor trident
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.