Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Your Indian host asks you to select one of his many cars for your drive and you choose to go with the car that was the cheapest car produced in the world when it was launched and was nicknamed the 'rupees one lakh car'. Which one did you choose?
2. As you're driving off, you hear your host yelling, asking you to remember to drive on the correct side of the road. Which side are you expected to drive on in Mumbai?
3. Apart from giving you a brief outline of the traffic regulations in Mumbai, your host has also described the uniform of the traffic cops in case you are pulled over by one of them for any reason. What type of uniforms do the traffic cops in Mumbai wear?
4. Barely had you made it to the main road, when a traffic cop flagged your car and asked you to pull over. Which of the following is NOT a possible traffic violation committed by you according to the traffic regulations of Mumbai?
5. Fortunately for you, the traffic cop was in a good mood and decided to let you off with just a warning. Unfortunately though, you are soon stuck in a huge traffic jam. Since you are sure that this jam has nothing to do with rush hour traffic, you let your curiosity get the better of you and decide to step out and investigate further. A little way ahead you can see a band playing music with a small crowd of well dressed people dancing on the road. There's a man sitting on a horse following this crowd while fire crackers go off intermittently. What is happening?
6. Happy to finally hit the open road, you step on the accelerator and are busy making up for the lost time. Suddenly, you are forced to swerve to avoid hitting an animal on the road. Which of the following animals are you definitely NOT likely to encounter on the streets of Mumbai?
7. This is the last straw. Your friend decides that he's much better off being driven around by a local and asks you to wait by the side of the road as he tries to flag down a taxi. What is the traditional colour of cabs in Mumbai?
8. Continuing alone, you are struggling with the gears (automatic cars are extremely rare in India) when you notice that the truck in front of you is carrying a huge idol of the Hindu god, Ganpati. You realize that it must be part of the Ganesh Chaturthi festival celebrated at this time of the year. What happens to the idols at the end of this ten day festival?
9. While awaiting your turn at the signal, you happen to see a red double decker bus going in the opposite direction. In which other European city would you get to see a similar public bus (not a tourist or sightseeing bus)?
10. After this long and eventful drive, you head back towards the airport to catch your flight home. As you enter the suburbs of Mumbai, you begin to see the black and yellow auto-rickshaws which are not allowed to ply within city limits. Suddenly the driver of the rickshaw in front of you sticks out his right leg. What could this possible mean?
Source: Author zorba_scank
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor Pagiedamon
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.