Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. ANIMALS - Ralph the Llama takes a boat to an archipelago off the north-east coast of Scotland and sees a paddock filled with small, sturdy ponies. A local man tells him that these ponies can now be found in many places around the world, but Ralph wants to know, to which place are they indigenous?
2. BRAIN TEASERS - Landing in Amsterdam, Ralph is mystified to read a notice that says, "Large dams supplement dikes". Then he realizes that there is a hidden message suggesting a tourist destination he could visit. Where should he go?
3. CELEBRITIES - Ralph the Llama continues to the Mediterranean island of Majorca, hoping to see the home of his favorite tennis player, Rafael Nadal, who was part of a 2009 music video, "Gypsy", with Shakira. From what Spanish-speaking country does Shakira originally hail?
4. ENTERTAINMENT - Ralph the Llama lands in Egypt and finds a friendly camel to take him to see the pyramids. Maybe the heat is getting to him, but he seems to remember being told about a casino shaped like a pyramid. Where is there a casino that fits this description?
5. FOR CHILDREN - Ralph the Llama goes to visit his friend in Sierra Leone but wants to know where he should go to see a giraffe in the wild. Where should his friend tell him is the best place?
6. GENERAL KNOWLEDGE - Ralph arrives in Mumbai eager to see the sights of India. Since diamonds are his birthstone, he is particularly interested in them. Where can he go to see the Akbar Shah, said to be one of the diamonds from the legendary Peacock Throne of the Mughal emperors?
7. GEOGRAPHY - Ralph the Llama arrives in Kathmandu, looking for yaks with whom to compare notes. He is told that they are all holding a convention on the lower slopes of the world's second-highest mountain peak this week. Where will Ralph need to go in order to join them?
8. HISTORY - Ralph the Llama lands in Beijing and wants to visit the site of a 1989 protest that ended in violent conflict between the people and government forces. Where should he go?
9. HOBBIES - On landing at Domodedovo Airport in Moscow, Ralph is entertained to see a matryoshka doll, also called a Russian nesting doll. Where in Russia should he go to see the site where the original matryoshka doll was created?
10. HUMANITIES - Ralph the Llama is excited to be in Thailand, formerly Siam, the only Southeast Asian country that has never been colonized by a European nation. Interested in following in the footsteps of the lead character of his favorite musical, "The King and I", Ralph wants to know where he should proceed next. Where should you advise him to go?
11. LITERATURE - Ralph the Llama goes to Japan to get some really fresh sushi, and after his lunch he wants to visit some of the real places mentioned in his favourite book "Memoirs of a Geisha". Where will he need to go?
12. MOVIES - Ralph the Llama lands in Auckland in the hope of visiting Middle Earth, that is, the shooting location of his favourite films, "The Lord of the Rings" trilogy. Where should he go?
13. MUSIC - Ralph the Llama has arrived in Melbourne to take in some of the outdoor music festivals for which Australia is well known. Where in this country will he have to go to be part of the world famous Glastonbury Festival of Contemporary Performing Arts?
14. PEOPLE - Ralph the Llama arrives in Antarctica at Troll Station, a permanent station run by the Norwegian Polar Institute. To which station will he need to go in order to visit one run by the country of origin of the leader of the first team to reach the South Pole?
15. RELIGION - Ralph the Llama wants to visit the site where Father Damien ministered to lepers as a missionary in the 19th century, eventually contracting the disease and dying from it. Flying to Honolulu, where should he look to find Father Damien's leper colony?
16. SCIENCE/TECHNOLOGY - Flying to Juneau, the capital of Alaska, Ralph the Llama is interested in exploring a recently-developed geothermal power station project which came online in 2006. Where should he go?
17. SPORTS - Ralph the Llama lands in Montreal, looking forward to watching a game of ice hockey, the national winter sport of Canada. Which Canadian city does he need to visit if he wants to watch the team that won the first Stanley Cup of the 21st century playing in their home town?
18. TELEVISION - In Los Angeles, California, Ralph the Llama visits Universal Studios and goes on a ride which is inspired by his favourite TV show "The Simpsons", and which features characters from around the show's fictional town of Springfield. He'd like to visit a place in the USA that's really called Springfield, but where could he go to do this?
19. VIDEO GAMES - While Ralph the Llama is at the Los Angeles airport waiting for a flight to his final destination he hears some people talking about a video game he remembers from his childhood, "Montezuma's Revenge". Where was this video game set?
20. WORLD - Ralph finally arrives in Peru, and thinks he might like to practice his Portuguese as he prepares to visit his extended Andean family. Where should he go to do so?
Source: Author looney_tunes
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor Pagiedamon
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.